Development Application lodgementChris Leonard
The Development Application (DA) for the Griffith Solar Farm, including an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), was lodged on Monday 7 March 2016.
Hard copies of the EIS will be exhibited from 18 March to 20 April 2016 in order to provide details of the project to the public and to allow the community to express any concern about the Griffith Solar Farm, which will then need to be addressed by Neoen. The EIS is being exhibited at different places, including:
- Department of Planning Information Centre, 23 -33 Bridge Street, Sydney
- Griffith City Council, 1 Benerembah Street, Griffith
- Nature Conservation Council, Level 2, 5 Wilson Street, Newtown
- Office of Environment and Heritage, Level 2, Government Offices, 512 Dean Street, Albury
- Wagga Wagga Agricultural Institute, Pine Gully Road, Wagga Wagga
- Roads and Maritime Services, South West, 1 Simmons Street, Wagga Wagga
The DA documentation, including the EIS, is also available online on the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) website by following this link.
Neoen seeks Development Approval by mid-June 2016, which is considered achievable given the support demonstrated by the Griffith City Council, the Department of Primaries Industries (DPI) and the department of Premier and Cabinet, in line with the NSW Renewable Energy Action Plan.